iPhone 13 is finally available. More and more people are taking the fastest iPhone ever out of the box. Nowadays, we can use device-to-device migration to transfer all content and settings to new iPhone wirelessly. However, “all data” does not include music files. Songs need to be transferred separately after activation.
It’s easy to transfer purchased songs. We can log into iTunes Store to download songs on new iPhone. However, how about those non-purchased songs? Due to copyright protection, Apple does not provide a method for users to transfer non-purchased items. Don’t worry, this how to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone 13 guide covers ways to transfer purchased and non purchased music.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone 13 with iTunes
When it comes to music transfer, most people will think of using iTunes. Indeed, from the past to the present, iTunes has been a major player. It can help users update iOS version, backup and restore iPhone, add files to iPhone. However, it is kind of cumbersome that always drives people crazy. I bet there’s no one who hasn’t had problems using iTunes.
Although iTunes is not the easiest tool to use, you can use it to transfer music from iPhone to new iPhone 13 if you want to go through the official method. First transfer purchased music from old iPhone to iTunes and then sync songs to new iPhone 13.
- Go to Apple website to get the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your old iPhone to computer and usually, iTunes will launch automatically.
- Go to Account and choose Authorizations to authorize the computer.
- Click File > Select Devices > Choose Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name] to transfer music to iTunes.
- Disconnect old iPhone and connect iPhone 13.
- Click Song tab > Choose Songs option > Right-click the music files you want to transfer > Choose Add to Device > Select new iPhone 13 to start.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone 13 without iTunes
iTunes can only help you transfer purchased music. So here comes another way to help you transfer both purchased and non purchased songs from iPhone to new iPhone 13.
In fact, besides iTunes, there are many third-party tools on the market that can help people manage iPhone data. Even better than iTunes in terms of data transfer and backup. One of them is AOMEI MBackupper.
AOMEI MBackupper is one PC-based iPhone backup software. It supports data transfer between iPhone and computer. You can first transfer purchased and non-purchased songs from old iPhone to computer and then transfer them to new iPhone 13.
Transfer Music from Old iPhone to Computer
- Download, install and launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect old iPhone to computer.
- On the Home interface, click Transfer to Computer option in the Tools bar.
- Choose Music > Select the songs you want to transfer > Click OK to continue.
- Select a storage path to save your songs > Click Transfer.
Transfer Music from Computer to New iPhone 13
- Unplug the old iPhone and connect new iPhone to computer.
- Choose Transfer to iPhone option in the Tools bar.
- Click the Plus icon to find the songs exported before > Click Open to continue.
- Confirm the songs that will be transferred to new iPhone and click Transfer.
How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iPhone 13 without Computer
If you have no computer at hand, you can take advantage of cloud storage services like Dropbox, to transfer music. Such a file-sharing service allows you to access files on any device. You can first upload songs from old iPhone to Dropbox and then download songs on new iPhone 13.
When you sign up for Dropbox, you get 2GB of free storage space, but you can complete some tasks to get more storage space, such as completing the “Get Started Tour”, connecting your Facebook/Twitter account, inviting your friends to join Dropbox.
- Download Dropbox from App Store on both iPhones.
- On the old iPhone: Open Dropbox and log in with your account > Tap the Create button to upload music files you want to transfer.
- On new iPhone 13: Open Dropbox and sign in with the same account > Find the songs you uploaded before and download them to device for offline listening.