If your eyes are one of your best features, then you might want to learn about eyelash extensions. Eyelash extension give you the opportunity to enhance your natural beauty by giving you long and luscious lashes. Read on to find out everything you need to know about getting them done and aftercare tips.
Types of Eyelash Extensions
There are three main types of eyelash extensions: synthetic, silk, and mink.
Synthetic lashes are the most affordable and are made from a plastic material. They’re also the stiffest type of lash, so if you have sensitive eyes, you may want to steer clear.
Silk lashes are made from, well, silk! They’re softer and more flexible than synthetics, but they’re also more expensive.
Mink lashes are the most luxurious type of lash extensions. They’re made from real mink fur and are incredibly soft and natural-looking. However, they’re also the priciest type of lash extension.
The Process of Getting Eyelash Extensions
If you’re considering getting eyelash extensions, it’s important to know the process and what to expect. Here’s a complete guide to getting eyelash extensions for newbies:
The first step is to consult with a professional. They will be able to assess your natural lashes and recommend the best type of lash extension for you.
Once you’ve decided on the type of lash extension, the next step is to have them applied. This process usually takes around 1-2 hours. During this time, your esthetician will meticulously apply each individual lash extension to your natural lashes.
After the initial application, it’s important to maintain your lashes by coming in for touch-ups every 2-3 weeks. This will ensure that your lash extensions stay looking full and lush.
When it comes to choosing the right length for your eyelash extensions, there are a few things to keep in mind. The length of your natural lashes, the shape of your eyes, and the overall look you’re going for all play a role in determining which lash lengths will work best for you.
If you have shorter natural lashes, it’s best to go with shorter lash extensions. This will help to create a more natural look. If you have longer natural lashes, you can go with either longer or shorter lash extensions, depending on the look you’re going for. If you want a more dramatic look, longer lash extensions are the way to go. But if you’re going for a more natural look, shorter lash extensions will do the trick.
The shape of your eyes also plays a role in choosing the right lash length. If you have rounder eyes, shorter lash extensions will help to open them up and give them more definition. If you have almond-shaped eyes, longer lash extensions will help to accentuate their shape.
And finally, it’s important to consider the overall look you’re going for when choosing your lash length. If you want a subtle enhancement to your lashes, shorter lengths are best. But if you’re looking for something that’s gonna really make your eyes pop, longer lengths are the way to go.
So there you have it! A few things to keep in mind when choosing the right length for your eyelash extensions.
Tips for Taking Care of Your Lashes
- Avoid oil-based products: Oil-based cleansers, makeup removers, and moisturizers can break down the bonding agent used in lash extensions, causing them to fall out prematurely. Stick to water-based products instead.
- Be gentle when cleansing: Use your fingertips or a very soft brush to lightly cleanse your lashes every day. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing, which can damage the extensions.
- Use caution with waterproof mascara: Waterproof mascara can be tough to remove and may cause your lash extensions to fall out sooner. If you must use it, be sure to use a non-oil based makeup remover and carefully remove all traces of mascara before going to bed.
- Don’t pick or pull at your lashes: This will not only damage the extensions but it can also be painful! If you need to adjust or remove them, visit your lash artist.
- Get regular touch-ups: Touch-ups are typically needed every 2-3 weeks to maintain a full, lush look.